The World Academy of Sciences(TWAS) is providing the TWAS-Fayzah M. Al-Kharafi Award in 2020
This annual award, named once the TWAS Fellow Fayzah M. Al-Kharafi, acknowledges ladies scientists from Scientifically and Technologically insulating material (STL) countries.
It carries a money award of USD4,000 munificently provided by faculty member Al-Kharafi and can rotate among varied fields of science.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- Nominations for the 2020 award are invited in Chemistry, arithmetic, Physics or Engineering Sciences.
- Nominees should be feminine scientists national of a ST-lagging country and are living and dealing there for a minimum of 2 years forthwith before their nomination (i.e. from 18/2/2018).
- Fellows of TWAS aren’t eligible.
Application Deadline May 20, 2020.
The 2020 nominations will solely be submitted electronically through the on-line platform by clicking on the “NEW NOMINATION” button at the lowest of their page.
To resume performing on saved nominations, click on the “RESUME” button at the lowest of the page.
Before beginning compilation the nomination, PLEASE PAY explicit ATTENTION TO the utmost CHARACTERS ALLOWED.
A nomination is taken into account complete provided that includes all of the subsequent information/material:
- Nominator contact details;
Nominee contact details (self nominations aren’t accepted) and general data on the candidate, as well as the country wherever he/she has been operating and living within the past two years;
- Authorization from the candidate (i.e. the candidate) to method his/her personal knowledge for the needs of his/her nomination, in conformity to Art. 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003. This authorization will solely be submitted through the web platform. The privacy authorization type is accessible for transfer within the section ‘nominee’s personal data’. the shape should be stuffed in and signed by the candidate so uploaded onto the on-line platform;
Suggested citation (15-20 words lightness the nominee’s scientific achievements in Chemistry);
Supporting statement relating to the nominee’s contribution in Chemistry. Supporting statements ought to justify thoroughly the work performed by the candidate and its significance within the relevant scientific context. Clear reference ought to be created to the scientific impact of the nominee’s work. obscure supporting statements won’t be thought-about and can negatively have an effect on the evaluation;
- A clear and elaborate account of any time spent abroad by the candidate within the past 2 years;
- PhD: data on a subject matter space, year and grant institution;
- Brief data on membership in academies and societies;
- Brief data on awards and honours received;
- List of ten most important publications listed in associate degree internationally acceptable format;
- The nominee’s transient CV and her/his complete list of publications are to be uploaded, separately, onto the web platform.